Being the Best
Being the Best in Chapter 3 Case #2 . Answer questions (a-f) in a 3-4 page, APA style paper (excluding title and reference pages), and supported with the concepts outlined in your text and from your previous classes.
- What are examples of environmental scanning do you see in this case? What role do you think environmental scanning has played in the companyâ€™s evolution? What role will it need to play in the companyâ€™s future?
- Using the five competitive factors approach and the information in the case, do a brief industry-competitive analysis.
- What types of information do you think Dunn might want from each of the five general environmental sectors? (You donâ€™t need to look up this information. Just indicate what trends they would probably want to keep track of).
- What opportunities and threats do you think are facing this industry?
- Best Buy has 2,600 stores in Europe and China (and has stores in Canada) and is looking to global markets for growth. As the company goes more international, what types of external information will it need?
- Update the information on Best Buy: number of store, revenues, profits, and employees. Are these numbers increasing or declining?