Read each of the abstracts for the articles listed below and then select one of them to be the full article that you will use for all the written assignments in this course. The abstracts and full-text versions of the articles can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library:
- Baldwin, V. N., Powell, T., & Lorenc, L. (2011). Factors influencing the uptake of memory compensations: A qualitative analysis. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 21(4), 484-501.
- Goodman, S. H., Dimidjian, S., & Williams, K. G. (2013). Pregnant African American womenâ€™s attitudes toward perinatal depression prevention. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 19(1), 50-57.
- Hetrick, S. E., Simmons, M., Thompson, A., Parker, A. G. (2011). What are specialist mental health clinician attitudes to guideline recommendations for the treatment of depression in young people? Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 45, 993-1001.
- IvandiÄ‡ ZimiÄ‡, J., & JukiÄ‡, V. (2012). Familial risk factors favoring drug addiction onset. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 44(2), 173-185.
- Kaewprom, C., Curtis, J., & Deane, F. P. (2011). Factors involved in recovery from schizophrenia: A qualitative study of Thai mental health nurses. Nursing & Health Sciences, 13, 323-327.
- Kirtadze, I., Otiashvili, D., Oâ€™Grady, K. E., Zule, W., Krupitsky, E., Wechsberg, W. M., & Jones, H. E. (2013). Twice stigmatized: Providerâ€™s perspectives on drug-using women in the Republic of Georgia. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 45(1), 1-9.
- Moore, R. C., Viglione, D. J., Rosenfarb, I. S., Patterson, T. L., & Mausbach, B. T. (2013). Rorschach measures of cognition relate to everyday and social functioning in schizophrenia. Psychological Assessment, 25(1), 253-263.
- Scullin, M. K. (2013). Sleep, memory, and aging: The link between slow-wave sleep and episodic memory changes from younger to older adults. Psychology and Aging, 28(1), 105-114.
Refer to the tutorial titled, â€œFinding an Article When You Have the Citationâ€, which is available within the Ashford University Library for questions on how to search for articles.
After making your selection, read the â€œMethodsâ€ section within the article. Write a two- to- three page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, presenting the information listed below. Your paper should begin with an introduction paragraph (including a thesis statement) and end with a concluding paragraph reaffirming the thesis and summarizing the major points made in the body of the paper.
The body of your paper must contain the following criteria:
- Identify the study by title and authors.
- Determine what question(s) the authors are trying to answer by doing this research.
- Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative research methods and terminology. Specify which approach is used in the study.
- Explain whether the study is qualitative or quantitative by citing specific clues from the article, such as sample size, data collection techniques, the nature of the data collected, or the data analysis techniques used.
- Associate the chosen study with a specific research area of psychology based on the information on research area in Chapter 1 of your course textbook. Explain your reasoning.
- Summarize ethical issues which were addressed in the article and analyze the ethical principles applied. Can you discern additional ethical issues that apply but were not mentioned
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment