In the attached case study, “BASF: Increasing Farm Yields Through Innovations in Chemistry.” Review this case and analyze BASF’s efforts to ensure an effective and efficient supply chain.
Use the “Topic Headings bolded” as follows; 1, 1a, 1b, 2, 2a & 2b
Complete the following:
- Describe the problems BASF faced in dealing with unpredictable demand, and respond to the following questions:
- How has BASF’s differentiated supply chain models worked to leverage its economies of scale and extensive knowledge of its customers’ industries?
- What are characters of BASF’s innovative harmonized processes? Has the harmonization strategy impeded BASF’s supply chain improvements?
- Describe how BASF resolved those problems to develop a more effective and efficient global operations and supply chain process, and respond to the following questions:
- Would the production approach of Verbund be sufficient to handle the two scenarios described at the beginning of the case?
- How has BASF streamlined supply chain processes without sacrificing responsiveness?
- Is the harmonization an effective long-term strategy? Why or why not?
The paper must be 3â€“4 double-spaced pages.