A. Questions for weekly discussions and conversations (not part of the required Discussion Board assignment)
These questions can serve as the starting point for your discussions during the week. They are “thought starters,” so that you can explore some ideas associated with the discussion board and unit topics. Answers are not required, and should not be submitted with your required assignment. Answers are not graded.
- What does social change mean to you in your daily life? Do you think about social change on a daily basis? How can an understanding and awareness of social change impact your daily life?
- Can social change directly impact or change a culture? Can you provide an example of how social change in the US brought about large scale social changes?
B. Required Discussion Board assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s):
Answer the following questions regarding social change:
- How do you think life in the United States will change in the next 10 years?
- How might the Internet be involved in the changes?
- How do you think sociologists might use the Internet to study life in the United States? Name 3 specific ways.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.