Do not change any of the risk management template formulae.
Identity your projectâ€™s risks
Using the RMP template and after discussion with your supervisor, complete the left hand side of Part 2: Risk Register (i.e. the first five columns, ending in â€œRisk Consequencesâ€. You should list at least 8 possible risks.
Details of fields in the RMP Risk Register:
- Risk Ref. No: This is just a sequential number, used as a key for associating with the Risk Treatment Plan.
- Category: Select Commercial, Finance, Security, Safety, or Legal/Regulatory from the drop down list. You may have more than one risk in a category.
- Risk Description: e.g. â€œOlder scanners may not work under Windows 12â€.
- Risk Cause: e.g. â€œDrivers may not exist for Windows 12â€.
- Risk Consequences: e.g. â€œInvoices cannot be scanned inâ€.
Upload your updated template to the Forum by Wednesday night.
Analyse your projectâ€™s risks
Analyse the risks in your project; you may discuss these with your supervisor. Using the RMP template again, complete the right hand side of Part 2: Risk Register (i.e. Impact and Likelihood). Do not change the Rating column, it will be calculated for you automatically by the spreadsheet.