The topic for the Research Project should be selected in Week One and delivered by the end of Week Two. Students should choose a topic that interests and challenges them, one that they see as a problem or challenge. In order to satisfy the requirements, students must select a topic from the textbook, explain why they chose the topic, and describe the intent of their research. The Topic Selection and Proposal assignment further provides students with an opportunity to receive feedback from the instructor before completing additional work.
Information at the following link is helpful in completing this assignment: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/658/03/
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Select a topic from the textbook that you want to explore in greater depth.
- Provide an explanation as to why the topic needs to be researched and the problems and challenges that exist.
- Analyze the topic, and describe the intended outcome of your research.
- Describe the approach or actions that you will take in conducting your research.
- Use at least three (3) scholarly sources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Ask.com, Answers.com and general websites do not qualify as scholarly.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must conform to the APA formatting requirements. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in crime and criminal behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and APA conventions.