Complete the first part of the assignment by 11:59 pm Wednesday of Week 7 so that everyone can get and give feedback before writing their essay.
Imagine that our country is under threat of imminent nuclear attack. You must make the important decision of who to let into the nearest fall-out shelter. There are 12 people vying to get in, but you can choose only five. Your choices include:
- a 40-yr-old violinist who is a suspected narcotics pusher
- a 60-yr-old architect
- a 26-yr-old lawyer who will only go in if he can bring his wife
- the lawyer’s 24-yr-old wife who has just gotten out of a mental hospital
- a 70-yr-old rabbi
- a 34-yr-old retired prostitute who was so successful that she has been living on her annuities for five years
- a 12-yr-old girl with a below-average IQ
- a male high school student who needs a wheelchair to get around
- a 20-yr-old gang member
- a 23-yr-old female Catholic graduate student who speaks publicly on the virtues of chastity
- a 28-yr-old male physicist who will only come into the shelter if he can bring his gun
- a 19-yr. old college student who has just come out of the closet
Which five do you choose? Go to Group Forums. List your choices in the Fall-out Shelter Group Forum for your group. Additionally, explain your rationale/reasoning behind choosing these five individuals. Finally, also explain why you didn’t choose the others.