In your final meeting with the CIO, she asks that you complete and present a risk analysis on one of these outsourcing opportunities, including quantitative and qualitative risks, a risk response plan, and a risk monitoring plan in a briefing paper. Use the selected critical IT function from Week Four to complete the Risk Register Template and final paper.
Complete the following spreadsheets using the Risk Register Template:
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Explain techniques for quantitative risk analysis for selected critical IT function.
- Risk Monitoring
- Analyze techniques for risk monitoring planning for selected critical IT function.
- Explain techniques for qualitative risk analysis for selected critical IT function.
- Risk Response
- Analyze techniques for risk response planning for selected critical IT function.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper using MicrosoftÂ® Word to discuss the importance of regulatory requirements, security and privacy laws and monitoring compliance. Consider the following in your paper:
- Explain the major regulatory requirements that have a direct effect on IT in a health care organization when outsourcing the identified IT function.
- Explain how security and privacy laws affect the design and operation of the outsourced IT function.
- Explain the role of IT in monitoring compliance with the organization’s risk management policies and plans when outsourcing the identified IT function.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.