week of your course project, you are the quality manager for a company and have been asked to visit a local store, make observations, and report your findings. This store should be one that you can find additional information on from secondary research as well as a company website. Download the observation form, and use for this stage of the assignment.
- Customer interactions with service/sales staff (time, friendliness, etc.)
- You will want to observe for 30 minutes at least and track the following:
- Time of service for each customer.
- How many customers in 30 minutes.
- You will want to take note of customer satisfaction. (label them, according to researcher opinion, into three categories (Happy, Content, Angry)
- Environment of establishment (cleanliness, sounds, smells, etc.).
- Employee interactions (teamwork, helpfulness, production).
- Anything else that you might observe.
In your report:
- Summarize your observations in a final 1-2 page report and answer the following questions:
- How does this quality approach you observed impact competitive advantages?
- What recommendations would you make for improvement based on findings?