In the summer and fall of 2015, Oral History and Folklife Research interviewed people from Maine who were involved in or impacted by the disability rights movement to get their personal perspectives. This slide/audio presentation contains images and voices from the project.
Choose an American with a disability in the above slide/audio presentation and answer the following questions regarding the person you have chosen.
1) What is the name of the person you chose. Provide a brief description of the person.
2) How was this person involved in or impacted by the disability rights movement?
3) Imagine that you are an American with a disability, such as blindness, deafness, or a physical issue. How might you be impacted by the events discussed in Chapters 29 and 30?
4) What is the title of the chapters you are responsible for in this module? There are a few primary sources present in the chapters; find a primary source in each chapter and discuss why they might be important to better understand
American Horizons Book Volume 11 by Michael Schaller
Read Chapter 29, p. 1009-1044
- Read Chapter 30, p. 1045-1079