1.In Week 9, you explored the realm of organized crime and the classifications of organized crime. Based on what you covered in the lesson, answer the following discussion question:
- Discuss how you would classify the group referenced in the scenario, determining whether you would label the group as an organized crime group or if there are specific elements that make the group something different. Explain why you think this, justifying your position with information contained in the lesson.
2. Organized Crime” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, provide a brief summary of the case you researched, and determine the key procedures that would be used to investigate the related crime.
- Summarize the history of the legal reaction overtime to gang-related crime in the United States.
3. Review this video, which reports the growing number of evictions as rents rise and property values increase. After 50 years at the same address, a 98 year old woman faces eviction. Although laws are different in each state, renters are having a harder time fighting evictions.
- Woman, 98, Evicted From San Francisco Apartment After 50 Years. Suppose you are the judge, and a case is presented before you where a tenant is facing eviction. The landlord has been in constant contact with the tenant and is able to supply the texts and notes to the tenant. However, the tenant agrees that the landlord did contact him, but the tenant claims there was not sufficient notice. The landlord is able to show months of texts and notes begging for the rent from the tenant. What are the legal considerations you would evaluate to determine the claims of the tenant and the landlord? In whose favor would you rule, and why? Be sure to support your legal analysis.