With the recent NSA leaks, numerous foreign governments are making statements like the following, “The Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Nova Scotia have already forbidden any government data from being stored or processed by providers located in the United States.” They go on to state that incidents involving other countries depict the same reluctance to use US CSPs. You should also research similar rules in other countries (especially the European Union).
In your posting, include the following:
- What are some basic differences among the US, Asia and Europe in regard to personal data security?
- What are the rules for other countries?
- Why do they have these rules?
- Do you believe they may be changed over time?
- How can these rules be enforced when many cloud providers use data centers spread throughout the world?
- In your opinion, will there eventually be one standard for personal data privacy? Or are the differences too culturally embedded to overcome?
should be 450 words
should have 3 references