Need white-collar crime paper
* Assignment 1: Categories of White-Collar Crime
Use the Internet to research a recent case, within the last two
(2) years, of corporate crime involving the Internet where the victim(s) fought
to recoup his or her losses.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Determine whether you would support white-collar legislation that
actively pursues individuals engaged in fraud or schemes via the Internet.
2. Analyze the two (2) cases you found during your research to
determine the best way to recoup losses.
3. Compare and contrast occupational crimes versus avocational
4. Analyze the elements most often associated with political white-collar
crime to determine the difficulties in the application of criminal law
principles to political white-collar crime.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references (in addition to the two
(2) legal cases) for a total of five (5) resources. Note: Wikipedia and
other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12),
with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
· Describe the various categories of white-collar crime, including
the general nature of the crimes, typical participants, application of
technology in crimes, and factors contributing to the crimes.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in
· Write clearly and concisely about white-collar crime using proper