Before data collection takes place in a program evaluation, those carrying out the evaluation need to respond to certain issues and make fundamental decisions. Evaluators must have clear knowledge of the program and its rationale, what information must be collected to make major decisions, the interventive methods to be used in the evaluation, the target audience for the information from the evaluation, when the information is needed, and what resources are available to collect the information.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate a mission statement and program description from one existing organization to use as examples for this assignment.
***** To assure that you are using an authentic mission statement and program description as examples for the assignment, locate a mission statement and program description from an existing organization. Directly quote and include the mission statement at the beginning of your paper being certain to cite and reference the source appropriately.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) in which you describe the basic evaluation plan of this program. Include the following in your paper:
- A research-supported discussion of the importance of identifying the mission, goals, and objectives of a program before gathering program evaluation data.
- A discussion of the research theory and process involved in developing performance indicators for a program.
- A discussion of the theory and process involved in developing questions to guide the design of a program evaluation plan.
- A research-based rationale for the selection of tools for forecasting potential changes to the program, including projected changes in technology, agency clientele, and future opportunities and obstacles that face the future of the organization.