Marketing Challenges in a New Economy
Read the article: â€œAirbnb and the Unstoppable Rise of the Share Economyâ€. A recent trend in the consumer marketplace is the ability for a consumer to share their personal belongings, such as their homes/apartments, autos, tools, bicycles, and so forth. The shared economy has now become a multibillion dollar business.
- Explain how this concept is disrupting our traditional economy.
- Describe whether the shared economy is creating new value for the consumer or if it is just replacing existing business.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library, one of which must be peer reviewed, in addition to the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Read the following chapters in: Managerial Marketing:
- Chapter 12: Marketing Channels and Distribution Decisions
- Chapter 13: Marketing Challenges in the New Economy
- Chapter 14: Managing Marketing in the Global Economy
- Geron, T. (2013, January 23). Airbnb and the unstoppable rise of the share economy. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2013/01/23/airbnb-and-the-unstoppable-rise-of-the-share-economy/
Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics).