You are part of the strategic planning team. Read BLSC (A), then develop a summary report to brief the Board of Directors.
This summary should provide the following information:
- Identify the micro and macro factors and their influence on Brightland Light Company.
- The diversifications idea came out from strategic planning meetings. What do you think are the main arguments in favor of and against diversification?
Facts presented should support your suggested strategic analysis and implementation plan. Feel free to include a diagram in your post to help your discussion. Do not use bullet points. Remember, we have all read the case, so excessive fact recitation will reflect negatively on your grade. Looking at the problem from a strategic point of view will reflect positively on your grade. No late submissions will be accepted.
Your summary should not be more than five pages. Submit your summary as a Word document.
All written submissions should conform to the following format:
- Typed, Times New Roman 12 font, 1-inch margin on all four sides.
- Page numbers at the bottom of the page.
- Cover page with student name and class number on each page.
- No spellings or grammatical errors.
- You will be graded not on the quantity of your work but the quality.
- You will be marked down if your work is not relevant to the question being discussed. Sometimes it might be appropriate to refer back to a statement made earlier, which is fine as long as you are not unduly rehashing a point that has already been made.
- Remember, we have all read the case/article, so excessively reciting facts that are given in the case will reflect negatively on your grade.
- Looking at the problem from a strategic point of view will positively reflect on your grade.
- If you believe a diagram you created will help your discussion, feel free to include it in your post.
- Although you do not need to respond to every question, responding to only one question is not sufficient for earning high marks. You must show that you understand the entire problem at hand through your well-thought-out answers.
- Your work should reflect the cumulative knowledge you have gained from previous chapters.