You are a consultant for a Business Process Improvement firm and a client has hired your firm to assist in redesigning its broken supply chain. The client is losing money because of its inability to procure raw material to meet demand and, therefore, missing critical delivery schedules to its customers. A key activity for you is to benchmark successful supply chains in order to identify best practices that you can recommend to your client.
Identify a company that has a successful supply chain strategy and one that you can effectively create its supply chain process map. Companies within the following manufacturing industries may be considered:
- Consumer Electronics
- Beauty- fragrance, cosmetics, hair care
- Furniture building
Write a 1,050 to 1,400 word paper that describes why you chose this company and include the following:
- Background of the company regarding size, customers, and supply base
- Three key supply chain strengths of the company
- High-level Supply Chain process map design
- Best practice recommendations and how they can be applied within your client’s organization
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.