For your Final Project, you will create a 10- to 12-page paper that focuses on two specific laws in which your educational setting PH_EDUC adhere. A few examples are providedâ€”you may select from the following list or select a different option of your choice (choose laws different from those you addressed in Discussion 1 of this week). Then, you will research the policies and procedures that are in place in your school or district to address these laws.
- Free and Appropriate Public Education
- Individualized Education Plan
- Manifest Determination Hearing
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Suspension and Expulsion
You will research the two laws and articulate why these laws were created, the premise of each law, and how they are interpreted by the legal system. Then, research the policies and procedures in place at the school or district level to address these laws. After compiling your data, you will select an administrator in your educational setting, and conduct an interview (Note: Interview questionnaire has already been created, please use the questions from the attachment below, see instructor’s comments to improve questionnaire) gathering realistic information regarding how these laws are addressed in reality, and how educators and leaders in the district ensure compliance.
Please follow these guidelines to construct your paper:
Introduction (approximately 2â€“3 pages):
- Identify the laws you selected for your Final Project and whether they are local, state, or federal laws.
- Describe your educational setting (e.g., elementary, middle or high school) and the position of the person you interviewed. To protect confidentiality, please refrain from identifying the name of the institution and any other identifying information of the administrator you interviewed.
- Laws (approximately 2â€“3 pages):
- Provide an overview of the educational laws you have chosen.
- Explain how these laws were developed, and how they are interpreted by the legal system to provide background information and context. Support your explanation with legal rulings.
- Explain the consequences of noncompliance with these laws or policies to educational institutions and educators.
- Policies and Procedure (approximately 2â€“3 pages):
- Describe the policies and procedures in place at the school or district level to address the laws. Include examples of how these policies and procedures are realistically carried out in your educational system. Based on your interview of an educational leader, explain the challenges leaders face in relation to these policies and procedures.
- Are there existing policies or procedures that need to change to better adhere to the laws? If you think a change is necessary, describe the changes you would recommend to existing policies or procedures or both. If you do not think that a change is necessary, provide a rationale to support the effectiveness of the existing policies and procedures in relation to the law.
Summary (approximately 1â€“2 pages):
- Summarize the insights you gained as a result of analyzing existing laws and the reality of how they are often implemented at the school or district level.
Reference Page (all scholarly resources must follow APA guidelines).
Note: The instructor is very strict with APA 6th edition formatting. Please use correct APA formatting and proper reference and citation formatting. If you are not sure please google how to correctly format your references. Do not forget to list your references and you must include the in-text citations. Also please use current (meaning within the past 2 years) scholarly journal articles as references. Please provide url links to these journal articles as well, put Retrieved from and then place the url link you retrieved the journal article from after the appropriate reference. Thanks.