for this assignment, you will develop and deliver a 15 slide power point with notes on seminar/workshop aimed at the teen or young adult audience on a specific health risk associated with the population.
1. Choose a health risk associated with adolescence. Some categories to consider may include:
- Substance use and abuse
- Motor vehicle crashes
- Tobacco use
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Domestic violence
- Mental health issues
- Sexual identity issues
- Eating disorders
- Nutrition and fitness
2. As the health care advocate, you will present the following to the target audience (adolescents or young adults)in 15 slides or screens:
- An overview of the risk factor
- Contributing factors
- Prevalence of the health risk (meaningful data)
- Explain your role with the issue as a health care practitioner/advocate
- Ways to identify a problem and address the issue
- Present an activity or project or exercise for the audience to engage in related to the topic
- Help and support resources
3. In your research materials, incorporate 3–4 current sources with one containing the most current statistics.
4. Use age-appropriate creativity to ensure the message gets across to the selected audience.
As you plan your seminar, consider:
- How will you initiate a conversation (rather than give a lecture)?
- How will you keep the attention and respect of this audience?
5. Use APA for citing and referencing your sources.
The introduction is attention getting and lays out the topic well. It establishes a strong framework for the rest of the presentation. The conclusion is comprehensive and compelling. Presentation contains accurate and complete information. Ideas, facts, and information provided demonstrate a strong, confident, understanding of the material. Content is very well suited and appropriate for the designated audience.
Information is presented in a clear, logical order with an apparent beginning, middle, and end. The speaker introduces the topic and identifies the topic skillfully.
Use of visual aids/images is appropriate. Slides are easy to read, interesting, and relevant to the content. All main ideas are presented succinctly. Contains the required number of slides.
The assignment consistently follows current APA format and is free from errors in formatting, citation, and references. No grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. All sources are cited and referenced correctly.