Prepare: In order to prepare for this assignment, you shouldreview the following tutorials in the Ashford Writing Center:
Also, review the following information from the Ashford University Library:
- Popular & Scholarly Sources tutorial
- Primary and Secondary Sources tutorial
- Primary Vs. Secondary Sources infographic
Takes notes by listing examples and differences between these types of resources.
Reflect: Compare your list of examples between primary and secondary resources. Good research is a combination of many types of sources. Prior to taking this course, did you understand the differences between these resources and the importance of finding one type of resource over another?
Write: Provide your initial post that addresses these prompts:
- Explain the differences between primary and secondary sources used in research.
- Identify a type of resource for your Final Research Project topic that would be considered a primary source and one that might be a secondary source, and explain why they fit in those categories.
- Explain the advantages of using primary source documents in your research on your Final Research Project topic.
- Review two peer-reviewed, scholarly resources from the Ashford University Library that you will use for your Final Research Project, and explain why they were chosen.
- Provide full reference information of the two scholarly articles chosen in APA format at the end of your response.
- Download and attach the two articles that you found from the Ashford University Library to your answer using the â€œAttachments: Add/Removeâ€ function located below your response.
- Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.