Imagine that you have been hired as a contractor by a local business that has recently purchased new office space for its growing business. Design a network for the local business based on the following information: The business has approximately fifty (50) employees, and the new office space will stretch across the third and fifth floors of a building. The fourth floor is currently occupied by another tenant.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Suggest the equipment that you would utilize to design and implement a network, based on the scenario. Justify the need for your suggestions.
- Recommend the strategy that you would use to combat the design challenge of occupying non-adjacent floors. Suggest a solution that includes the cabling / connecting of the two (2) differing office space floors.
- Determine the primary security concerns regarding the scenario in question. Explain the controls you would implement in order to lessen those concerns.
- Detail the specifics of your network design through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length, but is required for the assignment
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.