Read the chapter:
As you read the chapter, consider the following:
- Why is it significant to differentiate between the “big C” and the “little c” in an organization? How is the leader ultimately responsible for both types of culture?
- Describe factors that contribute to unrest and upheaval within an organization’s culture. What is the role of the leader in these factors?
- How do the organization’s characteristics, commitment, and consistency ultimately shape its culture?
- Discuss various elements of Human Services organizational culture. Why should leadership be aware of them?
- Examine the relationship between culture and strategy to change. Where does the leader fit into this correlation?