Would you be interested in doing this please?
In this course, we look at classical ethical theories of utilitarianism, deontology, and virtue ethics. We also examine different perspectives on ethical issues introduced by relativism, ethical egoism, and emotivism. For this paper, you will apply these theories and perspectives to a current issue, selected from the list of issues below.
Choose one of the ethical issues from the list below to research and write about. It is recommended that you choose a topic that you are familiar with or that you have thought about previously. For example, you might choose an issue that either worries you or enrages you, you might choose one that you have worked on, or you might choose one that relates to recent events in your community.
- Corporate executive compensation
- Corporate contributions to political campaigns
- Affirmative action
- The media and its responsibilities
- Domestic surveillance
- Whistle blowing in government or in a business
- Religion in the workplace
- Consumer tracking
- Ethical problems of gambling
- Progressive taxation rates
- Womenâ€™s equality
In your paper, you will apply the ethical theories and perspectives to the issue that you select. You do not have to use all six, but you should apply at least two ethical theories and at least one ethical perspective in your paper. Make sure that you write primarily on ethical topics and concepts; do not get distracted by doing analyses that apply political, economic, religious, or legal perspectives. Describe, compare, and apply the ethical theories and perspectives to the topics. Explain how the theories and perspectives would analyze the issue. What are the ethical issues? Where are there breaches of ethical behavior? How could each theory help us think about what would constitute virtuous or ethical behavior?
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style
Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- You must use at least five academic resources in addition to the required text. Academic resources include: peer-reviewed journal articles, research-based books, theses and dissertations, and research-based government documents.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style