change management and communication plan 1
Riordan Manufacturing has decided to make a change to company’s customer management system. The company does not currently have any formal system for managing their customer information and has traditionally left this up to individual employees. This new system will require all employees to use one customer management system. Your team is now working to help Riordan implement this planned change. Your team must do the following in your role as consultants:
Resource: Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization
Review the intranet site for Riordan Manufacturing including Human Resources – Organizational Charts, Employee Files, etc., and Sales & Marketing – Marketing Information Systems.
Create a change management plan and communication plan of 1,050- to 1,400-words. The word count includes the example communication. Your plan should include the details from section I and section II outlined below.
Section I: Change Management Plan
- Identify the current formal and informal power structures in the organization. How might the power and political structure of the organization affect employee behavior?
- Identify the most appropriate and effective organizational structures for Riordan Manufacturing that will help them accomplish their planned changes.
- What are the potential effects of this selected structure on employee behavior?
- Identify characteristics of the company’s culture. What are the potential influences of the corporate culture on employee behavior?
- Identify the potential sources of resistance to change and develop strategies to manage resistance to change.
- Recommend a strategy to implement the changes over the next 12 months.
- Describe how you will evaluate the success or failure of the planned change.
Section II: Communication Plan
Create a Communication Plan for the proposed change covered in the Change Management Plan. In the Communication Plan, complete the following:
- Select the most appropriate channels to communicate the change to the employees, and explain why you selected these channels.
- Identify the potential barriers to effective communication and strategies for overcoming the barriers.
Develop a message for one of the selected communication channels. In the message, complete the following:
- Identify those areas affected by the change.
- Establish the need for the change.
- Create a sense of urgency around the change.
- Outline next steps in the change process.