Assignment 3: Buy American Requirements
Due Week 6 and worth 240 points
In order to complete this assignment, refer to the scenario from Assignment 1, as well as to the scenarios and readings from previous weeks.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Specify the main points of the Buy American Requirements in one page or less.
2. Determine the substantive means by which the Buy American Requirements would benefit both VectorCal and your new company. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Analyze the fundamental ways in which the Buy American Requirements are contradictory to a capitalistic ethos, given that the U.S. government claims to promote competition and the U.S. espouses a free market ideology (i.e., capitalism). Support your answer with two examples of such a contradiction.
4. Debate whether or not you believe that the exceptions to the Buy American Requirements set forth by the government are fair and advantageous to the US economy. Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Determine the key advantages and disadvantages of using the Buy American Requirements with the navigation system that both VectorCal and your company produce. Justify your response.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Â· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Â· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Â· Determine how to validate costs and certify cost and pricing data.
Â· Specify the government policies regarding profit and pricing adjustments for contracts.
Â· Use technology and information resources to research issues in cost and price analysis.
Â· Write clearly and concisely about cost and price analysis using proper writing mechanics.