I need help on the papers for Gilead Science, Inc.
Strategic Plan Part 2: SWOT Analysis Paper
Conduct an internal and external environmental analysis, and a supply chain analysis for your proposed new division and its business model.
Create a SWOT table summarizing your findings. Your environmental analysis should consider, at a minimum, the following factors. For internal factors, identify strengths and weaknesses; for external factors, identify opportunities and threats; and for all factors, identify any important trends and include them in your table.
External forces and trends considerations:
- Legal and regulatory
- Competitive analysis
Internal forces and trends considerations:
- Processes and systems
- Strategic capabilities
- Intellectual property
Write a synopsis of no more than 1,050 words in which you analyze relevant forces and trends from the list above. Your analysis must include the following:
- Identify economic, legal, and regulatory forces and trends.
- Critique how well the organization adapts to change.
- Analyze and explain the supply chain of the new division of the existing business. Share your plans to develop and leverage core competencies and resources within the supply chain in an effort to make a positive impact on the business model and the various stakeholders.
Identify issues and/or opportunities:
- Identify the major issues and/or opportunities that the company faces based on your analysis.
- Generate a hypothesis surrounding each issue and research questions to use for conducting analysis.
- Identify the circumstances surrounding each issue; classify the circumstances; attribute the importance of each classification; and test the accuracy of the importance for each classification.
Strategic Plan Part 3: Balence scorecard and communication plan
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan.
Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model.
Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis.
Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives:
- Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
- Market share
- Revenues and costs
- Competitive position
- Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
- Customer retention or turnover
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer value
- Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
- Measure of process performance
- Productivity or productivity improvement
- Operations metrics
- Impact of change on the organization
- Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
- Employee satisfaction
- Employee turnover or retention
- Level of organizational capability
- Nature of organizational culture or climate
- Technological innovation
Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3.
Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Baseyour solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following:
- Identify potential risks and mitigation plans
- Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies.
- Incorporate ethical implications
Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format.
- Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, “The percentage of increase in market share.” The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of “Increase market share” could be “Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years” of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.)
Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company’s strategic objectives that includes the following:
- Define the purpose.
- Define the audience.
- Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel.