Complete the following activities by accessing the Mastering Biology Interactive Media link:
- Activity: Darwin and the Galapagos Islands
- Activity: The Voyage of the Beagle: Darwin’s Trip Around the World
- MP3 Tutor: Natural Selection
- BioFlix: Mechanisms of Evolution
Develop a 5- to 10-minute presentation accompanied 7-10 slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation that describes Darwin’s mechanism of evolution by natural selection.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by PowerPointÂ® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are PowerPointÂ® presentations with notes.
Include the following points in your presentation:
- An explanation of how adaptations help species survive such as mimicry and camouflage. Give examples of several adaptations and explain how they enhance survival of the species.
- Describe the four types of evidence to support Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection. Provide two examples in your explanation.
- Cite at least 3 references from academic journals found in the university’s library. Citations may be placed in the notes section.
- Include detailed notes for a total of 350-700 words
- Include supporting visual aids such as graphs, diagrams and photos
- Include Introductory and Summary Slides
- Include a reference slide in APA format